Thursday, November 13, 2008

Who invented YouTube?

From TechCrunch:

This story has moved from absurd to absurder. And from crazy to a little boring.

Herbert Elwood Gilliland III claims he invented YouTube and wants compensation (he asks alternatively for $1 million or 1% of the sale price, which is significantly more. There's even a crazy video:




Video blogger iJustine jumped on the bandwagon and created a spoof video making fun of the whole thing. And Gilliland has responded, minus the crazy but plus a whole lot of boring. And now he says he fixed Paypal, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually, I'd like the 1% -- $16M. Originally I wanted to give the proceeds to the Native Americans (my ancestry). But, being one myself, I just didn't have the means or connections to found the company.